Coming into the storm for the first? Awesome!
Here’s some sex store etiquette us staff members would like you to know:
- Show your ID when asked (yes, newborns are under 18).
- Respect that we are a staff of diverse, professional sex educators; and we choose to work in this industry.
- Remember that we are an inclusive and welcoming sex positive, body positive, and safe(r) sex store, that provides a safe space for questions, learning, and empowerment about adult activities.
- Remember that this is a public place of business with cameras.
- Be a responsible adult and use proper terminology ie: vagina, anus, etc
- Use TOY CLEANER to clean your toys (rule of thumb: if you wouldn’t clean the inside of your anus with it, don’t clean your toy with it!)
- Ask if you are uncertain how something should be used; toy and body safety is important!
- Feel free to relax and ask us questions — we all genuinely love to help!
- Argue with us about ID’s — we do reserve the right to refuse service.
- Make a racial or discriminating comment or statement -we do not tolerate that and you will be asked to immediately leave the store.
- Be purposefully lewd – we are at our job, and we don’t consent to being a part of your fetish or fantasy.
- Loudly laugh or make jokes about products – while something maybe a joke to you, it’s enjoyable for another.
- Leave your condom, supplements, or toy trash, etc. in our parking lot, or have sex in our parking lot — our security cameras do record.
- Steal our demos – do you really want to use a toy on your genitals that’s been touched by others?
- Open boxed toys – they’re boxed to keep them as clean as possible; if you’d like to see a toy, please bring it to a staff member and they will be happy to either open it for you or show you a comparable demo.
Some guidelines for asking about products:
If you’re looking for something but don’t know the proper name for it, that’s okay! If you can politely describe the intended function of the product, our staff will be able to help assist you find what you’re looking for!
Certain products, like male/female enhancement supplements, RUSH, JungleJuice, whipped cream chargers and other nail polish removers, tape head cleaners, video head cleaners or isobutyl nitrites, we do keep behind the counter.
Please be advised: “poppers”, “whippits”, and other such inhalants are illegal in the state of Georgia; we do not carry any of those in store and if someone asks for them or states they intend to use in such a manner, we will refuse service and you will be asked to leave the store immediately.